In traditional Chinese culture, colors play a very important role in welcoming good luck and happy memories into the home. “Feng shui” is an ancient art form that uses color interactions to draw wealth, health, and love into the home. Some of the principles of feng shui date back over 6,000 years, and Chinese men and women often use feng shui theory to redecorate their homes at the beginning of a new year. If you’re looking to start the year off with a little more luck, try incorporating one of these five simple feng shui principles into your home!
- Use green to promote work-life balance. In feng shui, the color green is associated with good health and a positive work-life balance. Interior painting contractors in Newtown Square can help you add green hues to a home office or living room to promote quality family time!
- Paint white walls where you’d like more creative energy. The color white has long been associated with creativity and childlike innocence. Painting a nursery or creative space with pure white hues can help support your artistic endeavors.
- Embrace the lucky colors of 2019. 2019 is another year of the pig according to the Chinese zodiac, meaning that you can incorporate the color red, yellow, or white into your home décor for more luck. Avoid the color black if you can, as black is 2019’s unlucky color.
- Invite prosperity inside with a blue door. The color blue symbolizes wealth attraction and invitations for personal growth. Painting a door blue is thought to welcome career success and familial understanding into the home.
- Ditch the bedroom electronics. According to feng shui, items associated with work and stress (like your laptop, tablet, or cell phone) can destroy great energy in the bedroom. When it’s time for some rest, leave your electronics in your home office or living room as to not upset the balance of energy.
Are you looking to enter 2019 with a fresh new interior? Professional painting in Newtown Square from Fox Painting Company can help reinvent any space! Give our team a call today at 610-243-1846 to learn more or to schedule an appointment!