In a world that’s constantly changing and becoming more interconnected, innovative employees are an invaluable asset to any business. If you are a business owner whose employees have been in a rut lately, the culprit may be your office environment. Therefore, consider using one of these five strategies to help make your office feel more creative!
- Switch up your colors. Is your office suffering from a drab design scheme? Grey walls and sterile white tables can make employees feel suffocated. Switching up your paint color and adding a vibrant orange or energetic yellow wall with the help of a few professional painters in Newtown Square can help bring your office into the current decade.
- Inject more life into your space. Never underestimate the power of nature when it comes to improving our thinking abilities. Adding a few live plants and plenty of natural light can help stimulate creativity.
- Give clutter the pink slip. Clutter can seriously affect an employee’s ability to be creative. Offering storage spaces and encouraging employees to regularly clear out their messy desks can remove the stress that comes along with clutter.
- Add a playroom. Employee creativity comes to a grinding halt when the men and women working in your office feel stressed and anxious. Adding a small play zone with a pool table or pinball machine can offer employees a way to feel more connected to their coworkers and de-stress before a big deadline.
- Encourage employees to take advantage of flex spaces. Now that most work is done on laptop computers, you can ditch the old “1 desk per employee” model and use an open floor plan to promote a feeling of space.
- Consider adding couches, large work tables, and standing desks to help employees feel more connected to their space and at-home when they clock in.
Looking to liven up your office space? Fox Painting Company’s team of painting contractors in Philadelphia, PA, can help make any work zone a little more fun! Give our team a call at 610-243-1846 to learn more today!