Handling the holidays at your home this year? Getting a jump-start on your home maintenance and cleaning tasks can make things easier for you once the aunts, in-laws, and cousins start to arrive.
Therefore, don’t put these five “must-dos” below off until the snow starts falling. Tackle them today to enjoy the holidays with less stress later on. Your future self will thank you!
- Scrub down the microwave. Microwaves can get grimy during the holidays. Remove your microwave’s plate and soak it in soapy water. Wipe down the interior of the microwave with a wet microfiber cloth and remember to clear the appliance’s vents of grease and dust.
- Sanitize your coffee maker. Your coffee maker takes a beating during the holiday season, so make sure to give it a thorough cleaning before the winter kicks into overdrive. Unplug your coffee maker, turn it upside down, and scrub the underside of the drip opening with a warm tea towel. Remember to also clean the pot by soaking it in warm soapy water.
- Sharpen your kitchen knives. You can’t slice up a glazed ham or grandma’s famous pecan pie with a dull knife! Pick up a sharpening stone at your local restaurant supply store and sharpen your kitchen’s most-used knives by laying the knife’s long axis at 90 degrees to the axis of the sharpening stone and gently pull the blade across the knife.
- Create a chore chart to help keep kids on track. If you have kids, you probably already know that their rooms can quickly turn to chaos if left unchecked. Create a chore chart to help kids get into the routine of straightening up at the end of the day so you won’t be left with a massive mess the day before company arrives.
- Check on your paint job. Is your interior or exterior paint chipping? Call your local provider of house painting in Malvern, PA, early! You don’t want to be left out in the cold because the painter’s schedule is booked until the new year.
Need a new look for the holidays? Fox Painting Company is here to help! Our professional painting in Gladwyne can help transform any space before company arrives. Give us a call today at 610-243-1846 to learn more and get started!